Monday, January 23, 2012

Gagliardi on Paterno: 'Pontius Pilate group hastened his death'


BS: How should Paterno be remembered?

JG: I don't know why he even should have been connected to that thing (scandal). It's sad he's attached to that thing. I don't know all the (facts). He wasn't the guy, the culprit. I really feel pretty saddened about it. I wish I could say I was a close friend. The amazing part is, we were both born in 1926, a month apart, and both our ancestors were from southern Italy. It was a one-way admiration
thing. I don't even know if he knew I existed. I admired him the way you'd admire any great guy. And I always will admire him. I just wish they had not hastened his death with all the stress they heaped on him at the end. Underserved, I feel. It was a Greek tragedy, and the Pontius Pilate group hastened his death. He had to die of a broken heart.

Gagliardi on Paterno: 'Pontius Pilate group hastened his death' - TwinCities.com

No comments:

Post a Comment